Get to Know Me!

Hello, my name is Sinead, I am currently a senior at UW Tacoma and am a Communications major. I plan to go into the public relations field ...

Hello, my name is Sinead,
I am currently a senior at UW Tacoma and am a Communications major. I plan to go into the public relations field or possibly go into marketing, I have not fully decided yet. All I know is that I have a passion for writing and have a visual eye for things. However, after I graduate in the spring, I plan to move to South Korea for one year before I commit to a job here. My mom currently lives in Korea, so I really want to be with her and explore more of Korea. Even though I plan to move to Korea for one year, I will still be working. I plan on doing the EPIK program (English Program in Korea) and teaching English to students there. Overall, I think this will be a good opportunity to explore more of the world and become more connected with my Korean culture. Also, it gives me time to truly discover my passions without feeling pressured to settle for a career that I may not be passionate in. Also, I feel that this is the perfect timing to move abroad because I am not tied down to a career here yet, so it gives me flexibility to travel more often. I am really looking forward to the next chapter in my life and cannot wait to see what happens after college.


Aside from my future plans, I thought I would share some general facts about me. For starters, I have an identical twin sister, her name is Sydney and is also enrolled in this course. What is interesting about me and my twin is that we are so different yet so alike at the same time. By that I mean, we have completely opposite personalities; she is more outgoing and extroverted, whereas, I am a bit more reserved and shy. However, we are also alike because we are both Communication majors and share many interests such as, fashion and anything creative. In addition, I also have two older sisters named Stephanie and Stacy. Despite the huge gap among us sisters, we are all very close and love spending time with one another. What is interesting about my family is that aside from my dad, there are only girls in the family because he has four daughters and two granddaughters. As you may/may have not noticed my sisters and I all have names that begin with "S". Basically, when Sydney and I were born my parents let my older sisters choose our names; Stacy named Sydney and Stephanie named me Sinead. To carry on the tradition of the girls having "S" names in the family, my oldest sister Stephanie named her two girls Soleil and Soraiya.

In addition to my sisters, we have two very special members of our family; they are our two German Shepards, Scarlet and Leo, who we rescued. I never thought I would become one of those dog owners that would have an Instagram account just for my dogs or spoiling them rotten with every treat and toy out there, but yup that has become me. I could go on and on about my dogs but I think I will end it here... I hope you got to know more about me!

-Sincerely,
Sinead

You Might Also Like

0 comments